Monday, 29 December 2014

My Skin Routine


My Morning Face Routine



Hey there everyone! Today's post is all about my skin care routine. I get so much questions about my skin from you guys. I've been meaning to do a skin routine for a while now, I just never got round to doing it.  I'm not as consistent with this routine as I really should, maybe because I don't have much problems with my skin. However, I really want to work on evening out my skin tone, I really want to have that natural glow. 

 I tend to do my facial routine mainly in the morning before I shower, I always feel it works better then, and really helps to prepare my skin before applying my foundation. I have been using these products for maybe 1 year now, I stick to what I know works good for me (boring I know) lol. However, if you guys know of any other products that you think it's worth me trying then please don't hesitate to share your suggestions. 
Taking care of my skin internally is my number one priority. I try to drink as much water as possible, I find this really helps to clear my skin. Honestly guys try drinking as much water as possible, our bodies depend on water to function properly. when we don't drink enough water it causes dehydration. This really affect our skin by making it appear and feel dry, it prevents that that natural glow to come through. 


I haven't retouched any of the photos below for authentic purpose.  I really want you guys to see my skin without any filter or make-up.

 

I have combination skin with dry cheeks and oily T-zones such as my forehead, nose and chin. I find it very irritating as it tends to get ridiculously oily during the day. However, no matter what block powder or primer I use nothing ever seems to work. Furthermore, nothing  annoys me more than my uneven skin tone, which I think it's common as a woman of colour. My top lip area is a lot  more darker than the rest of my face, I'm trying out  more natural products to even out that part. I will include this method in another post. 

Below are some of the products I have been using for approximately 1 year. 

Clockwise *Right 

1. Skin Clinic - Vitamin Rich Cleanser 

Info: This is a great cleanser, I always start with this first it gives that squeaky clean feeling. It contains Gycolic acid which is a natural ingredient derived from sugar cane.


2. Garnier Daily Energising Gel Scrub 

Info: This is a hydrating scrub containing vitamin C which is great for hyper pigmentation and uneven skin tone. I apply this after cleansing my face, it does exactly what it says on the container. It leaves my face feeling energised and radiant. 

3. Garnier 3 in 1 Wash, Scrub and Mask

This is another product I use because I like how it makes my skin feel.  However, I don't always use it together with the above mentioned products because it's 3 in 1. I use it when I don't have time to apply all the other products. It  removes dead skin cells and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. 

4.  Palmer's Coco Butter Moisturiser 

 I always complete my routine with moisturising my skin with Coco butter. I've been using this product for over 10 years, it smells like a dream and its a cream formula therefore it's so smooth. I use this product day and night.




Thank you for reading, 
xox
Edwige 





2 comments:

  1. doesnt the palmer clog your pores? i mean doesnt it have petroluem jell and stuff.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I suffer from upper-lip hyperpigmentation! a post would be very helpful, lol I need tips!

    ReplyDelete