Sunday, 10 August 2014

All about Congo

Hello guys! I hope you are well and enjoying your weekend. 

On Wednesday 6th august it was my birthday and I turned 25. I'm getting old guys it's kind of scary lol. Anyway, Wednesdays night my sister, her friend and I traveled to the Congo (Kinshasa), our motherland. We took the 6:50 am flight, which took us to Brussels, from there we took Sebena to Luanda then Congo was the last stop. we reached here Thursday night around 10pm. The whole trip lasted about 14hours, it was very tiring, I couldn't feel my bum and legs after, everything was numbed. 

              ( At Heathrow ) 07/08/2014
    At Heathrew Terninal 07/08/2014

I went for a very casual look while traveling because I wanted to be comfortable , as we were flying for approximately 14hours. I opted for combat trousers, Black top and black trainers. I didn't accessorize much only wore a watch. 

                  (The Echanger)

I'm so excited to be here in Congo because it's my first time back since 1998. I don't really remember much about the country, however, my culture lives in my heart. I love Congolese traditions and hopefully by the grace of God one day I will pass it on to my children. Congo is a beautiful country nothing like we see on TV, they have some gorgeous architecture here that has left me speechless. I'm yet to visit many parts of the Congo as we've only been here for a few days.  

              My aunty and I 
                 My gran and I 

I really admire everyones strength here in Congo, people work very hard to make a living. Everyone is trying to sell something so they can feed their families. Although people are struggling they are very positive about life and the future. It's heart  breaking to see people struggling as the country has so much potential. It has made me realise that I take the UK for granted, we have so much opportunities to work and to make a good living. Despite the struggles in Congo life is good, People here don't have it all but they are surviving. 

I couldn't finish the post without selfies guys! Lol 

           Thank you for reading 
              Edwige Malembe 
                        Xox 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, those pictures make me think of my country (I'm from Ivory Coast, my name is Edwige). Enjoy your stay. Love your style, you look stunning.

    ReplyDelete