Saturday, 26 July 2014

I'm Officially a Graduate!

So on the 24th July 2014 I officially became a Bachelors of Arts  Media Studies graduate from University of West London... Woop Woop!!


                                 
               
                                                     
                                           Class of 2014 
  
                                 
                              
                                                                My sister and I 
                                 
                                                        My best friends and I 
                                 

                 I went for very natural make up with nude lips, I didn't want anything dramatic.  
                                                                       
                               
       
                                                           
                              Dress: Asos / Shoes: Zara / Watch: Michael Kors 

I had one of the best days spent with my  incredible family and friends and I couldn't ask for a better day! 

When I first went to university I had no idea what the journey would be like. Words can't describe how I'm feeling at the moment. During my first year at university I had no idea what I wanted to study. So I changed from one course to another for about two years. Then I realised I had to take a break because I wasn't ready. Then a few months later I decided to study Media Studies, which is the course I initially studied in College. I then fell in love with Media again and I stuck with it. A year ago I thought I had finished my degree, to then find out I had to resit a whole year. This news crushed me as I learned I had to pay the year myself. I wasn't in the position to do so. I had to add more work hours in order to pay for university and attend classes full time at the same time. Regardless of the struggles that extra year taught me that God's timing is the best timing. I'm a soldier and when I put my mind into something I will work hard. I will continue pursuing  my purpose which is to be great!  

University was definitely a challenge for me, it's taught me so much about myself.  I enjoyed my course, it was definitely  broad. I studied a whole host of media related topics such as film studies, print visual and communication, media and the ethics, pr campaign, journalism, Radio and fashion in context. I really feel it has equipped me for the life of TV, Fashion blogging and more. Allowing me to go into a number of fields which is always a bonus.

For the graduation itself I decided to go for a typical Edwige dress, very simple in black with mesh material. For accessories I wore studs and my statement Michael Kors watch. Since my outfit was very simple I wanted dramatic shoes, so I went for these silver metal front shoes from Zara. I must say these are the most uncomfortable shoes I owe, but they looked so good on, I had to wear them lol. 

University has been an amazing experience, the best decision I've ever made so far. I'm so proud of myself, it hasn't been easy at all.  I thank God for giving me perseverance, determination and strength to work hard. I really didn't think I would make it to the finish line. So many times I wanted to give up, but with the help of God, my family and  friends I made it! 



Thank you for reading


Edwige Malembe 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post Ed!! I spy Elliot too!!! Hahaahha
    B
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for you! This is a big step you have made. congrats!
    www.folasoasis.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay soooo I just posted a long ass comment and it got deleted lol. But thank you for sharing our story! I am going through the same thing right now; one year left to go but I have to sit it out and save up money to pay for it! However, reading your post has helped me to not feel so alone in my situation. I just have to keep reminding myself that God's got me, and I will achieve my goal as long as I stay focused. Thank you so much!!! Congrats Grad! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete